The Burning Crusade , the first expansion for World of Warcraft
New in The Burning Crusade :
– 2 new playable races (one per faction), giving access to the shaman for the Alliance , and the paladin for the Horde .
2 new sets of zones covering levels 1 to 20 of the new races.
– A continent, accessible from level 55, which includes 7 zones and a capital, quests by the hundreds and new monsters.
– The maximum level of crafting has been increased from 300 to 375: new recipes and new components to collect.
– The maximum level of characters has been increased from 60 to 70.
– Equipment that can be crimped.
Some may receive gems that give bonuses in one or more abilities of their choice.
– A new profession: jewelers, who will mainly produce jewels and gems for setting.
– 11 new reputations to build
– New honor system for PvP, honor becomes a new currency (independent of gold coins); arena confrontation system with ranking; a new battlefield; and PvP objectives in the Outland areas.
– Flying mounts accessible to level 70 players.
– 16 new dungeons, available in normal mode and in heroic mode (very difficult).
There are also three dungeons for raiding groups.